Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Shocking!!!! - Meet The Boy Who Lost 65% Of His Skin Because He Took Ibuprofen.

 The Pictures look like scenes from a terrifying horror movie, but it is reality.
Meet Calvin Lock, the little boy who lost 65% of his skin and spent three days on life-support all because he took ibuprofen. Calvin Lock, 11, was given the painkiller to tackle a viral infection but he however, suffered a rare but severe reaction that caused him to lose 65 per cent of his skin due to burns.His reaction to the painkiller was originally mistaken for chickenpox, which delayed treatment.

Continue for more.....
Doctors were eventually able to establish that he had Stevens Johnson Syndrome, a potentially deadly skin disease that usually results from a drug reaction and moved him into intensive care. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen are well-known to cause this rare but very serious reaction.

He is now making a good recovery after his terrifying brush with death.

Culled from Daily Mail Uk.

No comments: