In order to live a fulfilled life, there are things a woman should never do for a man. Love is powerful, but it shouldn’t dictate your every move. It’s important to care about others, but you shouldn’t sacrifice your happiness for someone else’s. If you want to live comfortably, here are a few things a woman should never do for a man.
1. GIVE UP HER DREAMS - If you’ve always wanted to be a teacher, don’t let him talk you out of it. You shouldn’t have to choose between your man or your dreams. If you love one another, you should be able to find a way to make things work. If you decide you no longer want to follow a certain career path, that’s fine. But one of the things a woman should never do for a man is let go of her dreams in order to be with him.
2. CHANGE HER MORALS - Everyone has a different set of morals, and there’s nothing wrong with that. However, your man should respect your morals even if he doesn’t share them. If he urges you to break them, he is doing you a disservice. He should like you for who you are, and shouldn’t try to change you. Your strong morals should be something he admires, not something he wishes to change.
3. ALTER HER APPEARANCE - Just because men love Victoria's Secret models doesn’t mean that they all need girlfriends that fit that mold. If your man pressures you to dress a certain way or to get surgery, you don’t need him. It’s your body, and you’re in charge of it. If he doesn’t see your natural beauty, then you should look for someone who does.
4. SACRIFICE HER FRIEND TIME - Everyone will agree that there aren’t enough hours in the day. However, you can’t spend all of your free time with your man. Your friends and family need you just as much as he does, even if you don’t realize it. Divide your time in a way that is fair for everyone. Don’t neglect your friends, because you’ll need them once your relationship ends.
5. ACT STUPID - Never pretend to be someone you’re not. Don’t pretend to be less intelligent or less handy around the house to make him happier. Believe it or not, men like independent women. He’ll be proud of how capable you are of taking care of things.
6. STARVE HERSELF - There’s nothing wrong with being healthy. If you want to go on a diet or begin exercising, that’s great! Of course, you should only do so because you want to better yourself. Don’t do it in order to please the opposite sex. And, of course, never use extreme methods like purging or starving yourself. There are plenty of ways to lose weight and feel fit that involve healthy methods.
7. LET HIM CONTROL HER - As much as you love him, you should never let him have total control over your life. If you’re in a committed relationship, it’s important to discuss big decisions. However, he doesn’t have the final decision over what you are and are not allowed to do. In the end, you’re always going to be the one in charge of choosing your path in life.
When you’re in love, your partner is bound to become a massive part of your life. However, being close to him doesn’t grant him authority over your decisions. Have you ever done something for a man that you now regret?
By Hollyy Riordan